We respect your privacy
Double Drummer abides by the Australian National Privacy Principles (NPP) as set out in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Act 1988 and the SPAM ACT 2003. You can obtain a copy of the NPP from the Privacy Commissioner’s web site at www.privacy.gov.au and a copy of the SPAM ACT from the Australian Communications Authority web site at www.acma.gov.au
Double Drummer is also bound by various Industry codes of practice including the Australian Direct Marketing Association (ADMA) Code of Ethics (www.adma.com.au).
Kind of information we hold about you
Personal information collected by Double Drummer generally consists of:
- contact and identification information – such as your username, password, date of birth, name, address, contact details (including telephone numbers, e-mail address) and your employment details (including your company, job title, industry you work in, products/services you sell, other contacts within your organisation)
- profile information – such as your gender and age, your interests, your playing standard and preferences, your professional qualifications and other information provided voluntarily by you in response to a survey, competition, etc.
- communication information – such as communication between you and other members and employees of Double Drummer and preferences in terms of how you wish to receive information from Double Drummer.
- transaction information – such as transaction history of your Double Drummer purchases or intent to purchase.
Double Drummer may collect your personal information when you make an inquiry about our services. Double Drummer may also collect personal information about you from a third party for the purpose of offering our services to you and your organisation.
This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does provide Double Drummer with statistics that it can use to analyse and improve our web site and our communications.
Double Drummer makes all reasonable efforts to give notice via e-mail to parents of children under the age of 13 when information (e.g. e-mail addresses or any other information) is collected from their child. Before entering a contest/competition/promotion online, Double Drummer requires children under the age of 13 to ask a parent for permission. Children under 13 years of age are required to enter a parent's e-mail address as well. This is done so that Double Drummer may contact a parent via e-mail to notify him/her that the child has entered a contest/competition/promotion and to provide the option of removing the child's e-mail address from the list of entries. Double Drummer will not use a parent's e-mail address for any other purpose.
Double Drummer does not collect information about your political beliefs, your religious beliefs, health information or sexual preferences unless you voluntarily provide that information to us.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Double Drummer undertakes not to sell, rent or trade your personal information.
Your personal information is only collected for the purposes of:
- providing you with products or services you have requested
- personalising and customising your experiences on the Double Drummer web site and other non-online activities
- helping Double Drummer to manage and improve its services to you and
- communicating relevant information to you that you asked to receive
Double Drummer will not disclose personal information about you, unless the disclosure is:
- required by law
- is authorised by law, or
- you have consented to our disclosing of the information.
Your contact information (name, address, phone, and e-mail address) will not be accessible to other Double Drummer members unless you have consented to our disclosing of all or part of the information. However your profile information (gender, age, sport or activity interests, playing standard, qualifications, etc.) can be viewed by any Double Drummer member that has searched you. Your profile information will be used by other members to decide if you are suitable as a (e.g. playing partner, group or club to join, coach to hire, retailer from which to purchase equipment, etc.).
Communications with other members are passed on to those members automatically. They are also stored for a limited period so that they can be accessed via the Double Drummer web site by either party.
Complaints are investigated as appropriate. The fact of the complaint may be recorded and details stored in case of future complaints against the same member.
Double Drummer may also provide your information to:
- third parties engaged by Double Drummer to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, mailings, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising; and
- third parties authorised by you to receive information held by Double Drummer.
Double Drummer aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist with this, please contact us if your details or circumstances change.
Storage and security of your personal information
Double Drummer is committed to keeping your personal information secure and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We also require our staff and service providers to respect the confidentiality of your personal information. All Double Drummer staff and contractors are required to sign confidentiality agreements.
Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secured during transmission or from unauthorised access during storage. However Double Drummer will always endeavour to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access and once we receive your transmission, we will undertake our best effort to ensure its security.
Please contact Double Drummer immediately should you become aware or have reason to believe that there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information.
Double Drummer stores your personal information in electronic form on a database. This database is secure and can only be accessed by authorised users. Hard copies of personal information may also be kept by Double Drummer.
Access to your personal information
You may contact us to amend any of your personal information that is inaccurate or request that your personal information be deleted. We will use all reasonable endeavours to amend or delete your records as requested within 7 days of receipt of notice. If applicable, any legal requirement on Double Drummer to maintain certain records of your personal information shall prevail over any such requests.
If you wish to access the personal information Double Drummer holds about you, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below. We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide a complete list of your personal information within 14 days of receipt of your enquiry. Before Double Drummer provides you with copies of your personal information, it may be necessary for you to prove your identity.
Double Drummer is not obliged to give you access to your personal information if:
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of an individual
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Double Drummer and you and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
- providing access would reveal the intentions of the organisation in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those investigations
- providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
If Double Drummer does not allow you to access your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for our decision.
Feel free to contact us about any privacy issue regarding Double Drummer (see contact details below). You will need to explain your concern and identify yourself so an appropriate person at Double Drummer can respond accordingly. We will respond as soon as practicable. If you have not received a response within 30 days, or you consider Double Drummer's response to be inadequate, you may refer the matter to the Federal Privacy Commissioner. Double Drummer will make every reasonable effort to resolve your concerns and will maintain a record of each written complaint received.
Double Drummer will make every reasonable effort to resolve all concerns unless they are deemed frivolous, vexatious or not made in good faith.
How to contact us
||Privacy Officer, Double Drummer
Suite 1, 38 East Esplanade, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
||(61 2) 9474 1000
||(61 2) 9976 2129
© Double Drummer Pty Ltd 2010