about double drummer
Double Drummer is your online sports community – a place to meet other people who want to start (or continue) an active lifestyle.
Find sports partners, social groups, sports teams, activities you can do, coaches, trainers, sports centres and sports clubs in your local area. You can search for:
- playing partners - a hitting partner or someone to enjoy a sport or new activity with
- activities & events - things to do with one person or a group, a team you can join, a regular social activity, a big event in which to participate or sporting events to watch
- professional services - coaches, trainers, clubs to join, injury treatment, diet & nutrition specialists, etc.
- sport facilities - sports centres, sports clubs, playing fields, gyms, etc.
- sport & health products - sports equipment, clothing, health products, travel services, tours, etc.
If you know exactly who or what you're looking for, Double Drummer allows you to be very specific - search by sport(s), gender, age, playing standard, location, etc.. But if you don't know what you're after and just want to know what's happening in your local area, simply enter your suburb and let Double Drummer show you all players and activities happening in your area.
You can also post an activity you'd like to do or already doing and invite others to join your group or team. This feature is also handy when you're looking for reserves and members to complete your sports team.
See how it works... WATCH THE DEMO.
JOIN Double Drummer now for FREE.
Why join in the fun?
If you’re time poor, you want to get healthy (or healthier), you’d rather meet people through sport than in a bar, you’ve just relocated here from overseas, the kids have left home and you’re free to spend more time doing your own thing… or a hundred other reasons, Double Drummer is for you.
Put simply, Double Drummer is the best and most inexpensive way to find sports partners to play with in your area. It costs you nothing to join… nothing to search… and you pay just $1 for contacting those people you most want to meet.
For example, if you’re looking for a B grade standard female squash player aged 31-40 years old, living in the Hills district of Sydney who’s available for social hits on a Monday night, you pay nothing to search and only $1 to make a first contact. (After that, it’s up to the two of you!) And if you contact a Seller (e.g. a coach, sports club, physio, sports facility, etc.) you pay absolutely nothing!
Double Drummer also supports relevant non-profit organisations - like Guy Leech's favourite charity, The Heart Research Institute; and Diabetes Australia – as well as others that use sport to help disadvantaged kids and communities.
Join Double Drummer now for FREE.
Double Drummer – the features
Believe it or not, over 11 million adult Australians play some kind of sport every week. There are tens of thousands of service providers for these active Aussies (e.g. 6,000 cricket clubs alone and over 2,000 tennis coaches). Double Drummer will cater for people who are into any of around 600 different sports or other activities from Abseiling to Zorbing. (Never heard of ‘zorbing’? It’s basically rolling around in a huge PVC ball… you can’t say we haven’t done our homework!). And right now, over 4,000 people a month are searching Double Drummer for teams, activities and events across 170 types of sports ranging from tennis to (believe it or not) beach wrestling!
The Double Drummer web site will continue to evolve, but right now, these are the main features you can access:
- FREE to join and seek - joining, searching and reading ‘seeker’ and ‘seller’ profiles is all FREE
- Seek to find:
- the right sports partner (or group to join) by sport/activity, locality, age group, gender and playing standard
- the right club, coach, sports store, physio., etc. from a comprehensive sport and active lifestyle directory
- activities and events – such as social activities, competitions, coaching clinics, tickets to major sporting events, community projects and more
- Invite others to join your group or team – post a regular activity you'd like others to join or post one you'd like to try
- Only pay per contact – no subscription or membership fees… you only pay to make contact after your search (just $1 a time)… and if you contact sellers, it’s FREE
- Receive discount offers – you can choose or refuse to receive exclusive offers and discounts, always from relevant sport and active lifestyle service providers only for (e.g.) sports gear, tickets to major events, etc.
- Chat and Blog - talk to other like-minded active people, suggest new offers, etc.
- Try a new sport - invitations to try new sports/activities
- Improve your skills – coaching tips from professional athletes and coaches relevant to your interests
- Keep fit and healthy - sport nutrition and diet tips from professional athletes and sport nutritionists
- Can’t play but love to display – all the latest sports fashion news, tips and special offers
- Help others through sport– donate your unused credit, your time (even your unwanted sporting gear) to help disadvantaged kids and communities through sport.
- Have your say – tell us what you think of current issues in sport, health and fitness by voting in our polls
- Share photos and videos – upload your memorable sports photos and videos
Join Double Drummer now for FREE.